Wednesday, January 31, 2024

How to find Catholic Mass Times when Traveling


Whenever I travel, be it abroad or within my own country, finding a Mass for Sunday is a priority. Here's a quick guide to help you locate a Catholic church and Mass times near you:

Search Engines: Simply type “Catholic Church near me” or “Mass times near me” into your preferred search engine. This will provide a list of nearby churches with addresses and contact details.

Google Maps: Open Google Maps and enter “Catholic Church” in the search bar. This will show churches in your vicinity. Click on a church to see Mass times, usually listed under the 'About' section.

Masstimes.org offers a comprehensive database of Catholic churches and Mass schedules worldwide.

TheCatholicDirectory.com: This website provides church locations, Mass times, and even parish contact information for churches in the USA

Church Websites: If you have a specific church in mind, visit their official website. Most churches post their Mass and reconciliation schedules online.

One of my number one tips is to check the bulletin of the church you are interested in! Sometimes the website may not be updated, but if the bulletin has a date on it and it's recent, there is a good chance the schedule is also updated.

Diocesan Websites: Visiting the website of the diocese you're in can be helpful. They usually have a directory of all the churches in the area along with Mass times.

Parish Apps: Some parishes have their own apps or use platforms like the “MyParish” app. These can be very useful for finding Mass and reconciliation times.

Social Media: Check the church’s social media pages, especially Facebook. Be careful that it is updated though as social media often isn't.

Call the Parish: When in doubt, a quick phone call to the parish office can provide you with the Mass schedule. It's important to plan ahead. Often parish offices have very limited hours and for some reason many do not mention Mass times on their recordings.

Remember, Mass times can vary, especially during holidays and Holy Days of Obligation, so it's always a good idea to double-check.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have a question. I have autism and I want to establish a Christian Micronation for my action figures. I was wondering if you could write a very brief constitution for me (I’ve tried to write one but it hasn’t worked out) in a comment below. You can choose the government for me. It would be greatly appreciated if you did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete