Sunday, December 13, 2020

Catholic Binding Prayer + Information


A Binding Prayer followed by Questions and Answers

A Binding Prayer:

Spirit of N., I bind you in the Name of Jesus, by the power of the most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ and by the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Michael the Archangel, the blessed Apostles, Peter and Paul and all of the saints, and I command you to leave N. (Name of person or object) and go to the foot of the Holy Cross to receive your sentence, in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Q&A Information Regarding Binding Prayer:

Binding Prayer is a subject area that is gaining more notice of late. I will look into what binding prayer is and some further information which I was able to acquire.

What is Binding Prayer:

Binding prayer is a form of prayer in which we bind demons. We command them to behave a certain way such as to leave a particular person. We can use binding prayers on ourselves and on those who are under our authority, such as a husband employing a binding prayer on his wife or a woman using binding prayer on her children. We bind evil spirits in the name of Jesus Christ.

Binding prayer is related to prayers of deliverance and exorcisms. The precise distinction of the three I am not sure.

Fr. Chad Ripperger points out that Jesus sets an example for us when he speaks to St. Peter saying "Get behind me Satan." He was commanding the evil spirit to get behind him. We can do something similar. It is considered a type of adjuration or command. Also, Fr. Ripperger says you can say "I bind you" to the demon or I exorcise you. However, a non-exorcist should not specifically name or seek the name of a demon (more on that below).

Do Binding Prayers show up in the Bible?

Yes, binding prayer is present in the Bible in several places. Fr. Ripperger lists 4 locations in the Bible: Tobit in the Old Testament, Gospel according to St. Mark, 2nd Letter of Peter, and the Book of Revelation.

Can we name a demon during a binding prayer?

Lay people are not permitted to directly name a demon or attempt to ascertain the name of the demon which is causing issues. However, a Catholic is allowed to name the effects of a particular demon.

Is Binding Prayer Catholic:

Yes, binding prayer has been part of the Catholic Church for centuries.

Are there any videos on this subject:

Yes, check out the following video on this subject:

Please let me know if you have any questions on this subject and I will do my best to answer them.

9 comments:

  1. Can I say a binding prayer for my husband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your question. As far as I understand it, you cannot do that. However, you can pray for your husband, no issue there. But specifically binding prayer would have to be done in the correct order. A priest can say a binding prayer over anyone, but a lay person could not say a binding prayer over a priest. Similarly a wife cannot say a binding prayer over her husband. Hope this clarifies.

      Delete
    2. That is false. Mutual subjection in marriage contradicts that.

      Delete
    3. Yes, this is wrong. See this YouTube link of Fr Ripperger, it’s only one minute long but shows the power of binding prayers on others https://youtu.be/PaepkndBNng

      Delete
  2. Author Charles Fraune in the book Slaying Dragons say "Yes". "With binding prayers...the wife is able to pray them for her husband", page 95. (Not asked but interesting, "...children can do binding prayers over their parents..." p.95)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, he states on his website:

    'It may not be used in this direct form for other people who are not under your authority [e.g. Laity for priests, wives for husbands, children for parents]. The wording may be changed to an indirect binding prayer which can be used for anyone. That wording would be, "O Jesus, I ask you...to bind the spirit of...and cast it into Hell," following the same form, only speaking to Our Lord and not addressing the evil spirit.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i say a binding prayer for a sister overseas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can pray a binding prayer for myself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this information. I am a practicing Catholic and after I had a brain infection during Covid I survived after being on 2 ventilators. I spoke with my parish priest who anointed me with holy oils and said many prayers over me including a binding prayer which I always wanted to know more about. I have the priest in the videos book “Prayers for the layity (excuse my spelling).
    I would like to ask a question. Does a Binding Prayer last forever for the person it is prayed over? Or can it be said again if the person in question feels unwell again?

    ReplyDelete