Monday, December 14, 2020

How Daily Mass & Rosary Have Helped Me



At the time of writing this on December 11, 2020, I have been attending Mass on a daily basis for a few weeks. I am fortunate to have a schedule which allows me to go to church from around 8:30am to 9:40am to participate in the Rosary followed by the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Usually I pick up my friend on the way and we go together.

I think I have received many graces from God by attending daily. I have never done this before. My friend told me one day that he was completing a 9-day novena of Mass attendance and invited me on the 9th day. I noticed there were people saying the Rosary when I arrived. I determined that the Rosary started around 8:30, so from that point onward I arrived a little before 8:30 to participate.

Because of Covid restrictions, Mass attendance has been limited in our massive cathedral to only up to 100 people. However, there is plenty of space for those who attend the daily service and so pre-registration is not required like it on Sundays. Having said that, there is a significant number of people who actually attend Mass this frequently. Also, there is a committed group of people who come every day to participate in the Rosary followed by Mass.

Personally I have found that this has helped me in many ways. I am able to spend time with Our Lord each day as he is present with us in the Eucharist. It is a true blessing. Beyond this, this regular attendance offers many other benefits.

I feel it has an overall good effect on my life. Because I do not have a regular 9 to 5 job at the moment, the Rosary and Mass give structure to my day and gets me up in the morning. Although I am usually up anyway, I must rise at around 7:30 or earlier each and every day regardless of when I go to bed the day before. I find this routine to be very helpful. It gets me going and sets me on the right track throughout the day. I won't get into a lot of detail here, but I have certain issues which sometimes slow me down in the morning. Because of my commitment to the Mass and Rosary, I pull through. It has had a good impact.

I feel another great impact is the special grace I receive from Our Lord when I receive him body, blood, soul, and divinity each day. I believe it moves me away from sin and towards a life of Grace, all thanks to God Almighty. I have been saying the Rosary each day for quite some time but doing this every morning makes it much easier and it also seems more fruitful.

I am a big believer in making things routine in order to ensure they are carried out. By making daily Mass and Rosary part of my life, it remains consistent, and I have a special time in the day devoted to God.

Out of a duty to Justice, we are asked to spend time with God each day. Many theologians place the amount of time at a minimum of around 15 minutes daily. However, spending more than that can be part of the virtue of Charity, which goes above and beyond Justice.

I highly recommend daily Mass to anyone reading this, if it is possible for you. I really think it will help you become a holier person and move you closer to Jesus Christ. It brings great grace and reminds you of God's love. I hope to continue attending Mass each day as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment