Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Pope Francis Recognizes Judge as Martyr who was Killed by the Mafia

I think this is good news. Everyone knows the mafia or mob is bad. But somehow in our society they are glorified. They are shown as "tough guys", stylish, and even as having certain values. In actual fact, they are evil people from an evil organization.

There is a guy Michael Franceze who has a Youtube channel and I have watched some of his videos. He is pretty entertaining. He recounts stories from his mob life. Although he says he has renounced that life and is now a professing Christian, I still think there is something of a glorification to what he does. I don't even think it's intentional necessarily.

Basically in his videos, he will tell these stories of the mob life. In it, he gets into details about the life, but I feel he plays it up. He talks about how tough he was, how he was so good at handling various situations and "taking care of business". While he adds a disclaimer at the end that he renounces the life and that he doesn't recommend it, I feel there is some level of pride in his stories and how he recounts them.

I'm not here to judge him, but I think there is something of a double standard when it comes to stories of the mob. We should have a very straightforward approach to these things. People who use violence and intimidation to get ahead and using evil means and it cannot be supported in any way.

Therefore, I am glad Pope Francis has declared this man to be a martyr for the faith, a man who stood up to the mob and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment