Friday, January 14, 2011

John Paul II to be beatified on May 1, 2011

Great news emerged today that Pope John Paul II will be beatified on May 1, 2011. Although the process toward sainthood usually begins five years after a person's death, Pope Benedict XVI waived the waiting period and commenced the cause of the late pope immediately.

Already declared venerable, John Paul II will be beatified now that a nun's cure has been declared a miracle wrought by the intercession of the late Holy Father. Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, a French nun in her forties, was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. She prayed for the intercession of John Paul the Great and is now free of the disease.

Doctors verified the condition of the lady and have determined that no medical explanation can be given. In order for a miracle to be approved, the Vatican has established stringent guidelines. Doctors, and anyone involved in the treatment of a patient, for example, must declare that a cure has no natural explanation. They are not required to call it a miracle because some people simply do not believe in them, but simply that no medical explanation can be given.

It was appropriate for this nun to pray for the intercession of the previous pontiff because he too had the disease.

Upon the death of the beloved Vicar of Christ, thousands gathered in St. Peter's Square shouting "Santo Subito!", roughly translating to "Sainthood Now!" The people are now one step closer to this reality.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Father, God please forgive me for my areas of weakness and helplessness regarding feeling my own country attacked me. Have mercy on me. And please help me with that Spirit of Unforgiveness and Resentment.as I lose my home, my dogs, my life here as US Citizen that was invalidated, and violated, my career destroyed as an RN, because of their attacks to me. I am trying. Thank you, Father for your forgiveness and my ability to speak the truth. Also, Father please BIND evil spirits that were sent to me and I keep rebuking that devil. But does he hold political office in the US like in Ephiasians? If a Pope can hide the truth possibly, that's what all the fuss is about with him becoming a Saint right? why wouldn't a President, hide the truth and devalue one of his citizens? You didn't devalue me as a Child of God. Please help me with that injustice and allow me comfort and peace. BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS. In Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so gullable. But still a Catholic. Thank you, Jesus. Was it you who wrote, FEARLESS? Amen.

    ReplyDelete