Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the World prediction May 21, 2011, Catholics and Confession

The news that a pastor has announced that today will be the day of the rapture does not seem to have caused a huge stir among Catholics. I went to my local church today where they have confession before Mass. The lineup did not seems out of the ordinary, although it was a relatively good number of penitents. Obviously it does not seem Catholics in general, at least where I am, have taken much heed in these apocalyptic predictions.

I think one of the big reasons for this is that as Catholics we are always reminded of what Jesus said when he told his followers that they will not know the time nor the hour of the end of the world.

I wrote a more extensive article on this subject here.

No comments:

Post a Comment