Thursday, January 25, 2007

Development and Progress of this Blog

This blog, holymotherchurch.blogspot.com is all about issues surrounding the Catholic Church. I have been interested in this area for quite some time now, and started to research it more intensely over the past year. Prior to this, I was involved with various Church activities and went go to Church weekly. This is a report on how this blog has been doing so far.

I started this blog in August, 2006, and added a few articles, mostly in the form of Catholic Apologetics. The posts were more infrequent until one day I noticed the site had an Alexa ranking. Alexa tracks the ranking of sites on the Internet, once it reaches a certain level of viewership. To even be in Alexa, a site must be doing relatively well. Once I noticed that this blog was listed in Alexa, I became excited at the possibility that I was reaching many people. It wasn't until January of this year that I noticed the ranking, and it was around 6.7 million (closer to 1 is better). A couple of week later, it was around 3.3 million, then it went to around 2.4 million, and now it's very close to 2 million. This all happened in just a few weeks. Looking also to Google Analytics which tracks visitors and such, this blog gets visitors from around the world, including many from the US and Canada, but also in Europe, China, and India. I'm very pleased so far. My goal right now is to get the site past 1 million in Alexa, and eventually to get it past 100,000. This is would very wonderful.

This is all made possible by people like you who come to this site and read it. I like to include very interesting articles that Catholics and non-Catholics alike will enjoy reading. This includes articles on miracles, saints, famous Catholics, dogmas, doctrines, and more. Please feel very welcome and free to view any or all of these articles. I would like to encourage people to comment on these articles, as well as send me questions, and also to suggest articles by emailing me at philinaberdeen at gmail.com You can even submit an article and I will review it to see if I can include it on this blog.

Thank you to everyone who is helping make this blog a success. The information here can be seen by millions of people worldwide, and I think everyone will agree, the information I present is very useful, interesting, and important. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment